Holiday Ride provides a shared-ride taxi service on all major holidays when TheRide regular fixed-route service does not operate.
How to Ride
Call (734) 528-5432 to request a trip.
All Holiday Ride trips must be scheduled by phone reservation. Give the dispatcher the following information:
- Your name
- Your pickup location
- Location where you are going
- Number of passengers (including any non-paying children)
- If you are using a car seat or wheelchair
- If you want a call-back when the car is arriving
Holiday Ride operates much like regular car service with these important differences:
- Holiday Ride is a shared-ride service. The car may pick up and/or drop off other passengers while you are in the car.
- Holiday Ride cars normally take 15-40 minutes to arrive to pick up passengers.
- It is recommended that you allow at least an hour to complete your trip. The average trip takes about 45 minutes.
- You may carry and take with you only what you can hold on your lap, except wheelchairs and walkers.
- Service for wheelchair users is provided with a lift-equipped van.
You may stay indoors until your Holiday Ride arrives. However, watch for the vehicle’s arrival. The driver cannot wait more than two minutes for you.
When a car or van arrives, ask if it is your Holiday Ride.
If you decide not to take Holiday Ride after you have made a reservation, please call (734) 528-5432 and cancel the reservation.
All trips on Holiday Ride must either:
- have both the origin and destination in Ann Arbor
- have one end of the trip in Ann Arbor, and the other end in the area east of Ann Arbor shown on the map below.
When It Runs
Monday – Friday: 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Pickups do not start until 11:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and 7:00 p.m. on Saturday/Sunday.
No orders are taken after 5:15 a.m. Monday – Friday (5:00 a.m. outside of Ann Arbor) and 6:45 a.m. on Saturday/Sunday (6:30 a.m. outside of Ann Arbor) so that all trips are complete by the end time.
What It Costs
$5.00 per person. Cash only.
Passengers may be required to have exact change.
$2.50 per person with AATA senior or ADA identification card.
$3.00 per person with go!Pass for trips beginning or ending in downtown Ann Arbor (Downtown Development Authority area – not including University of Michigan campuses/buildings).
One child age five or under is free.
Anyone may call for a ride within the Holiday Ride service area (see map and related conditions above) on these holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day